If you are missing teeth or have teeth that need to be extracted, you are not alone. Millions of adults are missing teeth and have to find ways to live without them or get them replaced. At Westend Dental, we offer a wide range of dental implants in Winnipeg, including all-on-4 dental implants, as a way to help patients restore their smiles. Read more to learn if this procedure is right for your needs.
What Are All-On-4 Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw surgically inserted into your jawbone as a replacement for a missing tooth root. Once this has been implanted, a dental crown is attached to it to give you the appearance of a realistic tooth.
All-on-4 dental implants are a way for patients to replace all of their missing upper or lower teeth. They are a series of four implants that anchor an entire arch of teeth. The screws for all-on-4 dental implants are strategically placed around your mouth so that they can hold rows of teeth in the correct position. All-on-4 dental implants are permanent, non-removable, full-mouth restorations that function the same way as real teeth.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants provide benefits such as:
• A confident smile
• Restored ability to eat the foods you love
• Prevention of jawbone deterioration
• A more youthful look
• Restored speaking abilities
What is the Process for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
The process of getting all-on-4 dental implants is more efficient and less painful than getting single dental implants because you can have all your implants placed in one surgery. The process can be broken down into five steps:
1. CT Scan: Your dentist will have you undergo a CT scan to examine your jawbone and ensure that it is strong enough to support the dental implants.
2. Treatment Plan: Once it is determined that you are eligible for all-on-4 dental implants, your dentist will develop a treatment plan and timeline.
3. Implant Surgery: You will visit your dental clinic in Winnipeg to get your implant placement surgery. The procedure usually takes 2.5 hours.
4. Check-Ups: After your implants have been placed, you will be asked to visit our dental clinic for check-ups to ensure you are healing correctly.
5. Restoration Placement: After about 12 weeks, your dental crowns will be added to the implants, completing the process!
Once placed, all-on-4 dental implants have an extremely high success rate of 98%! After getting your all-on-4 dental implants, make sure that you continue to visit our clinic for regular check-ups and cleanings so that the implants last you for a lifetime.
How Much do All-On-4 Dental Implant Cost?
The cost of all-on-4 dental implants can vary depending on each patients’ unique situation. When you schedule a consultation at our dental office near you, our dentist will review all your options for tooth restorations and work with you to find the solution that provides you with the most value for your budget.
All-on-4 dental implants are an excellent choice for many patients. If you would like to learn more about all-on-4 dental implants near you, please contact Westend Dental. Our team is happy to discuss the benefits of all-on-4 dental implants with you, as well as any other dental restoration options that you may be interested in. At Westend Dental, your oral health and wellbeing are of the utmost importance to us. Please don’t hesitate to contact our clinic today to book an appointment.